Writing and Publications
Over the years I have worked on numerous independent publications, each created to explore the world of wild nature.
Topics have ranged from urban wildlife, porcupines and elephants, to cetacean conservation and broader environmental issues.
I have also written for various magazines including Africa Geographic (feature article), Cape Etc (regular green column) and SANParks (guest contribution).
I offer the following skills –
- Text writing / descriptive narrative
- Photographs and illustrations
- Design and layout
- Overseeing production
Publications have included –
- The Whales of Walker Bay (IFAW Southern Africa)
- Beast or Blessing – Chacma Baboons (Baboon Matters Trust)
- African Elephant Immunocontraception (Humane Society)
- Living with our Wild Neighbours (IFAW Southern Africa)
- Watching Whales and Dolphins in southern Africa (Penguin Random House)
- Cape Envirolink (WWF South Africa)
- Goldfields Environmental Education (Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens)
- The Porcupine Report (IFAW Southern Africa)
Samples of my work –
- Connecting with Wilderness – Foreword
- OUR WILD NEIGHBOURS 2011
- African Elephant Immunocontraception Booklet
- Belinda Ashton – Wild Gardens Flyer
- Belinda Ashton – Wild Neighbours Booklet
- Encounter with a mongoose
- The Porcupine Report
Please be in touch if you would like to discuss ideas for your natural history signage.